Understanding DSC Alarm Trouble Codes
Is the yellow ‘trouble’ LED lit on your alarm keypad? DSC uses LED codes to indicate trouble details for all keypads that don’t have an LCD readout display. The following applies to all PowerSeries panels, which include PC1616, PC1832, PC5010, PC5015 and others.
To view system troubles, press:
- Service Required (press  for more information)
- Low Battery (main battery in panel)
- Bell Circuit
- System Trouble
- System Tamper
- Module Supervision
- RF Jam Detected
- PC5204 Low Battery
- PC5204 AC Failure
- AC Failure
- AC power is not present at the panel (the system is operating on stand-by battery power.
- Telephone Line Trouble
- The panel does not detect an active telephone line.
- Failure to Communicate
- The system attempted to communicate with the monitoring station but failed.
- Zone Fault (press  for more information)
- The system is experiencing difficulties with one or more sensors or zones.
- Press  for the keypad to display which zone is experiencing the fault.
- Zone Tamper (press  for more information)
- The system has detected a tamper on one or more sensors on the system.
- Press  for the keypad to display which zone is tampered.
- Device Low Battery (press  for more information)
- A wireless device has a low battery.
- Press  for the keypad to display which zone has a low battery.
- Loss of System Time
- If complete power was lost (AC and battery), the time and date will need to be re-programmed.
- To program the time, press
[*]  [Master Code] [HH:MM] [MM:DD:YY]